Thursday, September 6, 2012

Drop and Give Me Twenty: Days 18 to 25 - And Suddenly...

I've been plodding along here, doing my push ups as often as possible, at least two sets of twenty a day. Often, I do a couple of sets in the afternoon and then another set of two during my yoga sessions in the evenings. And I'm still working on doing a full set of twenty with straight legs, going all the way down and all the way back up again. I usually manage about ten, and then down I go onto my knees to finish the set... and sometimes I pump out a few more.

And suddenly, yesterday, I realized that, even though I don't think my arms look any different, other bits of my body were. My torso in general feels tighter. And clothes that used to fit me are all of a sudden feeling too big. And yeah, I've been losing weight all over for the past few months, but there's something very... sudden... about this change. As though I woke up in someone else's body. And it's better than the one I had a few weeks ago.

And it means I have to go out and get some new clothes this weekend.

The only thing is, I kinda wish the arms were better, but I suppose that will happen sometime. With only five days left, I'm not all that confident that things there will change. I guess that's the point of all these challenges: to see what happens after thirty days.

And yes, we'll see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment