I did this challenge because I wanted to see how I would change if I did push ups every single day. And here's what I learned:
- It's pretty difficult to do push ups every single day. Sometimes, it's best to let yourself rest so that you can recover and do better the next day.
- The only way to get better at doing push ups is by doing push ups.
- The only way to stop hating doing push ups is by doing push ups.
- Everyone will tell you how to do push ups and that the way you're doing them is wrong.
- Push ups are best done privately.
- A dress that was too tight around my chest and arms is ALMOST wearable now.
- An abs circuit that was impossible for me to do two months ago is achievable now.
- I am now on hole two of a belt that I could only get to hole one last month.
- I dropped a bra size quicker than I've ever done throughout my whole weight loss journey.
- If I hold my arms just so I don't mind wearing a short-sleeved top.
- I can hold a plank for a whole minute and a side plank for almost a minute.
So, while it's true that you can't spot reduce, you can focus on one spot and find that MANY spots improve. Weird how the fitness people are usually right, huh?