Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Spend 30 Minutes Less on the Couch: Days 25 - 30

I'm a couple of days late posting this. Day 30 was technically on Monday, but life has been hectic and I've only found a few minutes to sit and write this now.

I stated in my last post that I would be spending the last six days duking it out with Jillian Michaels, and I mostly did. The only problem was that, by day four, I was so tired that I couldn't finish it off. In the end, I decided to ditch her for a couple of days and do some bellydancing and Latin dancing instead. Less butch, more fun. This is not to say that I will be giving up on Jillian. I plan to keep her as part of my routine.

Because, yes people, the exercise is now my regular routine.

I was sharing with a friend yesterday that I've found that doing this challenge has forced be to learn to become more organized in my evening. I've found that I really do have a lot more time to do things than I thought. Knowing that I've got 30 minutes of physical activity coming up means that I eat less for dinner, get the dishes washed earlier, and have the dog walked on time. I sleep better, I feel better, and I have more strength.

My activities have included:
  • yoga
  • dance
  • good ol' aerobics
  • boxing
  • Pilates
  • Jillian workout hell
Great benefit: I've lost lots of inches. The muffin-top that was sitting over my trousers is gone. My arms and back feel stronger and are less flabby. My knees feel so much better. My legs are just plain awesome.

And those pants I couldn't wear at the beginning of this challenge? I wore them on Monday. I was mostly comfortable in them, but I think that I could still look better in them. It's great to be able to get them on and move and breathe. Moving in breathing is a good thing, in case you didn't know.

As far as keeping up with it, the answer is a big YES. Last night, I did some Pilates and broke into dance when a few Britney songs came on the radio. I'm looking into joining Fitocracy (if I can get an invite) that is sort of like a social network/game for keeping you motivated for keeping fit. And why not? What have I got to lose?

A few more pounds, that's what!

No comments:

Post a Comment