Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Spend 30 Minutes Less on the Couch: Days 18 - 24

I'm on the home stretch now, and it's been a surprisingly good few days. I say surprising because I never imagined I'd be so pleased to get up and move in the evenings, even on the days when I've been so tired. Special thanks to my Google+ friend who have listened to me grumble on days when I'm dragging my butt.

I've decided to really step it up and spend as many of the last few days of this challenge really working hard. The one workout I tend to avoid is my Jillian Michaels DVD: The 30 Day Shred. I've used it before, and it's one of those things you think will be a breeze, but it never, ever is. It's twenty minutes of an intense circuit: three minutes of strength, two minutes of cardio, one minute of abs... then, you do those over again another two times.

It seems like not very long, but I call it a half-hour workout because:

1) It includes a few minutes of warm up and stretching at the end.
2) I need five minutes to figure out how to move again when it's all over.

Still, it's a good workout because it really blasts you into another level of fitness. Even with the extra cardiovascular work I've been doing, it was still hard work. It was slightly easier than if I hadn't done any groundwork before, but still hard.

So, Jillian... it's you and me for the next six days. Let's see who's still standing at the end...

No comments:

Post a Comment