Saturday, September 17, 2011

Spend 30 Minutes Less on the Couch

I try to stay active. I walk my dog every day for for 40 minutes and swim three times a week... unless something comes up, like sleep, eating, or sitting on the couch. Still, I'm usually pretty good at making sure I don't turn into Jabba the Hut.

I've been having some sleeping problems over the past few months, and my normal morning exercise routines have basically gone out the window while I try to get a few more minutes of rest in the mornings. The result? Belly fat galore. I am a walking pile of mashed potatoes at the moment, and while I don't normally worry about stuff like that, I knew I had a problem when I went to put on a pair of pants this week and couldn't even bend down to pick up a pair of socks on the floor. Oy.

So, the only thing to do is to change some habits.

I love my couch. Seriously. Someone should have given me a medal for having the good sense to buy it. If there's a choice between going out and staying home on my couch, I'm not ashamed to say that, more often than not, I'll choose the couch. My relationship with it needs to change, though.

We need some time apart.

I plan to spend 30 minutes less on the couch each evening. I'm sure I can find something to get me moving the evenings, and while I know it'll do me good, I'm not sure I'll love it. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment