Sunday, September 18, 2011

Spend 30 Minutes Less on the Couch: Day 1 & 2

One of the reasons I decided to do this challenge was that I have SO many exercise DVDs sitting around the house, some of which I've only tried once, a few of which I've never even opened. What a waste! So, last night, I cracked open a Latin dance DVD. Holy schmoley, that was fun! Probably not pretty to watch, but who cares? Before I knew it, an hour had flown past!

This evening, I opened up a DVD that I'd purchased a couple of years ago and only tried once, and only half of it, at that. It was Instructional Bellydance with Jillina. It's not even available anymore, it's been around that long. I skipped past the stretches (I'd stretched thoroughly before starting, because I forgot there were stretches on the DVD), and went straight to the Technique section.

There is something to be said for dancing in a room without mirrors. I'm sure I would have given up immediately if I'd seen what I looked like. In the end, I followed along, bouncing my hips, shimmying my shoulders, and performing what is called a "camel," in all different directions, no less. This is particularly humorous if you'd read my last post on my other blog. The "camel" is a pretty sexy move, if somewhat strangely named. I wonder if it has to do with the humps I have...

Anyway, so far, so fun. I think 30 minutes each evening doing something like this is pretty doable, at least at the moment...

2 comments: