Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Spend 30 Minutes Less on the Couch: Day 3 & 4

I decided the other day that I should get down to the serious business of toning up, since I haven't done much by the way of strength exercises for a while. I took my exercise ball and did a series of exercises based on a DVD that I used to use on a regular basis. Sit ups, plank poses, push ups, butt lifts, leg lifts... then followed up by doing some stretches. 30 minutes, done.

Of course, the problem with not doing strength and toning exercises on a regular basis is that, when you finally do, you are basically a scarecrow for the next few days. Stiff, sore and scary, that's me. It's still a good feeling, because I know I need to do it, and I know I'm getting stronger. Worth it, if somewhat difficult.

Last night, I thought I'd "give myself a break" and do another section on the bellydance DVD I used earlier in the week, but my abdominals and thighs are even more sore with all that gyration and carrying on. Sheesh.

I'm not sure what I'll do tonight, but I'm finding that it's easy to find time to do this. I just have to get up off the couch, and bam, I'm doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment