Saturday, June 7, 2014

Make Me Feel Proud: Days 26 to 30

I sort of regret my earlier post about not feeling tired because it's been a tiring week full of highs and lows. I feel like I'm re-emerging into some kind of semblance of real life again today. I don't think I handled the week as well as I could have. I've been spending a lot of time thinking about it.

I'm generally a pretty disciplined person: sleep well, eat well, exercise regularly. I know this routine works, and I've been doing it for a couple of years now. For some reason, when things go off-kilter lately, I throw it all out the window. Weeks like this are usually followed by a few days of self-loathing, even if it is accompanied by a determination not to do it again.

If there's one thing I've learned: I know I will do it again. And I have to be ok with that... somehow.

I suppose one way I could learn to accept that I am going to fall off the wagon is to remember what I DID do:

  • I kept up some of my exercise routine
  • I took a rest day when I needed to
  • I ate most of my daily vegetable snacks later in the week
Also, upon reflection, I realized the other day that I'd had way too many treats and not enough fuel, which is why I was burning out later in the week. I suppose that's a realization to be proud of as well.

As for why I've been throwing my routine out the window, well, that's a different discussion. It's really a lack of planning on my part: I haven't thought of things I could do instead when life gets stressful. I'm going to spend some time writing privately about it. I need a better game plan.

One day to go. I'm not sure how proud I feel right now, but I'll have to keep digging. I mean, what else am I going to do? Give up?  I think not.


No comments:

Post a Comment