Friday, May 9, 2014

Make Me Feel Proud: Day 2

I have a very bad habit of putting off my stretching routine until very late of the day. This means that the next day I will struggle with the effects of tight muscles, including tight iliotibial bands, which lead to sore knees, which lead to tight feet (plantar faciits) which lead to... well, disaster. I know that stretching allows me to do all the other things I want to do to keep myself fit. It is essential to my day.

Today, I am proud that I did the twenty minutes of stretching I planned to do today, even though I was tired and I wanted to just forget about it. It's not the forty minutes I used to do, but that's beside the point. This is about me doing what I said I would do and reaping the benefits of it.

If you're curious, my routine is based off the evening yoga routine from Yoga Morning, Noon and Night from Jason Crandell. It's a DVD that's been around for a few years now, and it seems to still be going strong. This DVD showed me that you can get a lot of good from taking twenty minutes for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment