Saturday, September 7, 2013

Get Enough Sleep: days 2 to 5

Working on sleep is work indeed. I've learned a few things this week:
  1. Trying to turn off my brain is really hard for me.
  2. I'll often eat instead of sleep.
  3. I spend a good deal of my time wandering around in the dark.
Overall, I've had some pretty good sleep this week. I've reached the weekend feeling like I am looking forward to relaxing, rather than feeling completely annihilated and desperate for rest. I've had to make concessions to what I wanted to achieve this week to do that:
  • When I was awake in the middle of the night a couple of nights ago, I decided to stay in bed half an hour later than usual in the morning
  • I reduced the number of exercises I do at the gym for now until I can get my sleeping patterns back under control
  • I have to choose the activities I do the evening to make sure I am ready for sleep when the time comes
Maybe that makes me a boring person, but I really am liking it, if that's what I am. I got to enjoy a Friday evening out without feeling like a zombie. Even after sleeping in this morning, I feel refreshed, where normally I would feel ok, but still needing more rest.

Week one, not bad at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment