Working on sleep is work indeed. I've learned a few things this week:
- Trying to turn off my brain is really hard for me.
- I'll often eat instead of sleep.
- I spend a good deal of my time wandering around in the dark.
- When I was awake in the middle of the night a couple of nights ago, I decided to stay in bed half an hour later than usual in the morning
- I reduced the number of exercises I do at the gym for now until I can get my sleeping patterns back under control
- I have to choose the activities I do the evening to make sure I am ready for sleep when the time comes
Maybe that makes me a boring person, but I really am liking it, if that's what I am. I got to enjoy a Friday evening out without feeling like a zombie. Even after sleeping in this morning, I feel refreshed, where normally I would feel ok, but still needing more rest.
Week one, not bad at all.