Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Looking Forward: Days 7 to 10

I've had a few up and down days during this challenge:

On Saturday evening, I did some work with young children and their families. I looked forward to having fun with them all, and I did.

On Sunday, I looked forward to getting together with friends and workmates to work on a community painting project, and even though I was tired, I was amazed by how much we got done and by how much fun I had.

Monday was hard. It's always so hard to find something to look forward to on Monday, and I didn't even really try. I had a rough afternoon, and then after work, I decided to pick myself up and look forward to my Zumba class, even though all I really wanted to do was bury myself in my bedsheets until the next morning.

That totally did the trick. I had a great time. I didn't think I could laugh like that while exercising.

Today, I'm looking forward to a nice walk with my dog and a relaxing bath before bed. That's all I want right about now, and I'm so glad I can have it.

So, this whole looking forward thing is making a difference so far, even when I don't think about it at the beginning of the day. It's a real change in my brain, but it's real work as well. Maybe by Day 30, it will be second nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment