Friday, March 30, 2012

Lower My Blood Pressure: Days 19 to 25

I suppose I left it all on a cliffhanger in my last post, regarding what happened at the doctor's office the next day. I'm sure you've all lost sleep over it and wondered if I'd ever emerge again. Nail-biting situation, that's what.

Or not. I mean, I'm sure those of you who read this all have lives away from my blog.

Well, the doc read the results of all my tests and very gently proclaimed that he did not want to put me on any medications, and that we should work on changing my lifestyle. "That means watching salt, saturated fats, eating more fruits and vegetables..."

As he said these things, I began to smile. He looked at me and started laughing, "You're laughing at me, aren't you?"

"No, no!" I exclaimed. "I'm just so glad you said that," and explained to him all the things I'd been working on since we'd talked last, finishing with the sentence, "... and so far, I've lost six pounds."

Then, he did something I never thought I'd see a doctor do.

He applauded.

I'm so glad I have such an understanding person as my doctor. He says things like, "We'll work on it together," instead of, "You need to stop all the bad things you're doing." I really feel like I'm not in it all alone. And I'm so grateful for that.

Anyway, I'm to see him again in six months, when we'll see if things have changed. I really feel positive that there will be big changes in my tests and in my body.

And I lost another two pounds this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment