Friday, March 23, 2012

Lower My Blood Pressure: Days 11 to 18

This was an interesting week. I went out three times this week for dinner (which, now that I think of it, is a heck of a lot for me!). Last Saturday, we went out to a dinner theatre that had a buffet. I had a pretty good idea of what kind of food was going to be there, and I really just wanted to enjoy myself without having to worry about what I was eating. I decided to work my butt off with an hour-long cardio workout and two 40-minute dogwalks. I walked into dinner with about 1400 calories extra to eat.

Turns out, it's really hard to eat 1400 calories in one sitting... I mean, unless you're at McDonald's. You can do it in three seconds there.

Anyway, it's been a good experience for me to get used to thinking about what I'm doing to eat before I go somewhere, and to have some idea of what is a good portion. I've also learned that, if I don't exercise before these events, I'm not even that hungry to begin with before dinner, so I can't really fit much food into me after all.

This from someone with the ever-expanding stomach.

At my Yoga Fusion class last night, as we lay there at the end of the 90-minute session, I noticed how much easier my breath seems to move inside of me these days... like silk through my fingers, or like water in a stream. I'm trying to remember what my breath was like before this challenge, and all I can think of is that it wasn't like this. It's just... easier.

On Monday, I'm going to my doctor for a follow-up appointment. I'm nervous. I don't know if my numbers are going to show how much work I've done. I've learned to be disappointed after these appointments... I hope I can convince myself that what I'm doing is right, and at the same time, convince my doctor that I am actually doing something about this. Sometimes, it's the doctor that is the hardest to convince.

Oh, and I lost four pounds this week. Whoa...

No comments:

Post a Comment