Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Draw a Little Every Day: Days 16, 17 and 18

On Sunday, I decided that I would face the kind of drawing I've been avoiding since I started this: charcoal. I didn't really like charcoal. I didn't like the mess, the smudges, and the soft texture. I wasn't really looking forward to tackling this.

Wow, it's amazing how things change.

I think the fact that I've been thinking about shadows, hatching, cross-hatching, and highlights, drawing with charcoal was a lot less challenging than it used to be for me. It still wasn't "easy," but I enjoyed it a lot more than I imagined I would.

The first drawing is from Sunday, when I was basically copying from a picture from the box I got the charcoals in. 


Then, I missed drawing on Monday altogether (life just got in the way), but I went ahead and picked up my pad and played around some more.



I'm so glad I took the time to play with these. I'm thinking I'm going to do some more charcoal drawing before the end of this challenge, but I'm going to have to move away from just drawing trees. Maybe faces next...

No comments:

Post a Comment