Friday, September 30, 2011

Spend 30 Minutes Less on the Couch: Day 11, 12 & 13

The going is getting tough right now. I've been having problems sleeping over the last few days. At first, I shook it off and did lots of vigorous exercise on Day 11, even though I noticed that one of my eyes was a little red. I woke up on Day 12 with a burst blood vessel and a rotten night of sleep.

Ordinarily, I would have thrown in the towel, but after I had a nap, I decided to try out another bellydancing DVD for 30 minutes, which was a relatively light exercise, but still challenging. I had a good night's sleep last night, and today, on Day 13 (Friday the 13th!) I decided to spend my 30 minutes doing a good yoga/stretch session.

I'm slightly worried that I might be coming down with something, because I feel a bit of pressure behind my eyes and I'm still quite tired, but even if I do, I'm going to continue at least stretching for 30 minutes a day. I'm not going to give up.

At the pool this morning, I noticed that one of the "regulars" looked like she'd lost weight... a lot of it. I hadn't seen her much over the summer because she was swimming in the outdoor pool, and I prefer the indoor pool. I stopped her in the change room and said, "You're looking amazing!"

"Thanks," she said. "I've been steadily losing weight for about a year now. I've lost 159 pounds so far. That's a whole person!"

So, if she can keep it up for a year and lose an entire person, I can keep up 30 minutes of something each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment