Saturday, August 20, 2011

Eat Fruit for Dessert: Day 15, 16 & 17


The past two days have been uneventful on the fruit front. I continue to eat raspberries from the garden, my husband continues to pick them, and the birds continue to feast on them each day.

Today, I went to a country fair where there was an unbelievable amount of fresh fruit for purchase, and I came home with a large punnet of beautiful, beautiful blackberries. When I lived in Northern Ireland, these berries grew abundantly along the shoreline and on the hillsides of the Cave Hill on the bramble bushes next to where I worked. I used to go out regularly at lunch time to look for them, both to snack on them, as well as to cut the branches for our stick insects to eat (who knew they liked bramble?).

My dessert tonight was a delightful combo of colours: cultivated blackberries, huge next to my home-grown raspberries and strawberries. All delicious!


1 comment:

  1. Over here it is strawberry season, lots of delicious lush strawberries. Dessert tonight is all sorted!

    ReplyDelete