Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Eat Fruit for Dessert: Day 13 & 14

Things are kind of stagnant on the fruit front. I'm still eating fruit for dessert (and enjoying it), but I've had raspberries for the last two days and I didn't really feel like taking photos of them over and over again.

Instead, I thought I'd share something that I found from someone I follow on Google+. It's an article all about wild and ancient fruit. I was so interested by it because I think I've finally found a picture of the elusive chico I had in the Philippines, but was never able to prove its existence. This is an image from this article of a fruit called masuku, and it looks just like the fruit I've been trying to describe for years. These ones are from Africa, but I'm very, VERY sure that's what I had at my grandmother's house.

Incidentally, I've also eaten a few of the fruits shown in this article while in the Philippines as well. My aunt considers it her duty to make sure I am aware of the fruits of my parents' childhood. The soursop shown there is called guyabano in the Philippines. I've eaten a version of the custard apple called atis. I'm glad to say I've never had the egg fruit, which is reputed to taste like chalky rotten eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment