Sunday, July 10, 2011

Take a Photograph Every Day: Day 6

I learned how to make pitas a little while ago. I mix, knead, and roll them out myself, and then bake them in a hot oven. It's so cool how they puff up while they cook. It's something a lot of people would find tedious and time-consuming, but it's the sort of thing I enjoy doing. I like feeling the instinct required to bake things, feeling the moisture, the texture, the way the dough springs back on itself. And the satisfaction of seeing a pile of rustic-style pitas on your breadboard is a treat.

4 comments:

  1. Those look amazing! I'd love the recipe, maybe one day I'll be inspired to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amber!I use the recipe found here:

    http://www.thefreshloaf.com/recipes/pitabread

    I reduced the salt by 1/2 a teaspoon - it was a bit too salty for my liking before. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mm pita bread. I tried it once and it didn't work out. Perhaps I'll try again soon. I don't know what went wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this one is a good recipe because of the yeast. I don't think I would have been so successful with a non-yeast recipe!

    ReplyDelete