Sunday, May 18, 2014

Make Me Feel Proud: Days 10 and 11 - Yes, Fit

Yesterday flashed past in an instant. I was in work in the morning, helping to get something finished up and sent off, then I went out for lunch with the hubby and the pup. On the way back, I remarked how I tend not to sleep so well when the weather gets warmer, as it was this past week. Apparently, that was true because I slept the afternoon away on the couch. Dinner and a blink later, it was time for bed, where I slept the entire night.

I guess I was tired.

This morning, I woke up, pulled on some running gear and went for a nice run. I'm still building back up to where I was before I had surgery a couple of months ago, but it's going well. Even when I'm struggling uphill, I am fascinated by the sound of the blood pumping through my ears. It reminds me that I am alive and strong.

Today, I am proud of my fitness level. I believe that it is because I dedicate so much of my energy to staying fit and healthy and to eating clean foods that I rarely get the debilitating headaches I used to get on Sunday afternoons anymore. I also firmly believe that it is also the reason that  I was able to recover from my surgery so quickly. I actually hid the fact that I was back running on the road four weeks afterwards, because I didn't want people to worry that I was overdoing it. I wasn't. I was just ready.

I'm not going to hide it anymore. I'm fit, and I'm proud of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment