Sunday, May 11, 2014

Make Me Feel Proud: Day 4 - No Panic

I 'm feeling under the weather today. I woke up feeling ok, went out for a run, came back and ate breakfast and showered... then I started to feel a bit crappy. We went out for a walk in the sunshine and had some lunch, but I was not the best of company today. Certainly not proud of that.

This evening, I think I'll do my usual treatment for when I feel like this: hot bath, foot scrub, lots of herbal tea, lots of stretching, then early night. I've knocked out many a bug with this. Let's hope it helps with this one. I'm thinking my early morning workout tomorrow is out as well.

Normally, I'd go into full-scale panic over not getting my morning workout in. I'm trying to lose a bit of the fat I've gained since I underwent surgery a couple of months ago, and I usually feel really worried when I can't get out and burn some calories. I've decided, though, that I'm not going to panic. The weight will come off in due course. I know how to do this now, and I'm not going to put on a ton of weight just because I miss a few days at the gym. The world keeps on turning, whether it takes me a few more weeks to get to my goals or not.

Feeling pretty proud of the kindness I am showing to myself... and also feeling pretty good after one of these:

No comments:

Post a Comment