Thursday, April 26, 2012

Keeping My Eyes Looking Forward: Day 1

I have a terrible habit of descending into the depths of dread over silly things:  an upcoming thing at work,  an event that I'm not sure I want to attend, an hour of exercise, even a night's sleep. This irrational worry can be really terrible, and really, really bad for my relationships with the people in my life.

Years ago, I was chatting with a friend on the phone, and he said, "Tell me the best and the worst thing that happened today." It was a communication exercise that he learned to use with his sons at the dinner table to get them chatting with him. And you know, it works.

So, I've decided to change the angle of that little exercise slightly. I'm going to ask myself:  What am I looking forward to today?

Today, I'm looking forward to my Yoga Fusion class. I'm going to get the opportunity to test my core strength, and then get a good relaxation session at the end. I always feel great after this class, and I'm really, really looking forward to it.

What are you looking forward to today?


No comments:

Post a Comment