Thursday, July 7, 2011

Take a Photograph Every Day: Day 3

We bought this bowl in Tunisia a few years ago. It's one of two (the other is holding mints spare buttons, random bits of my jewelry and other bits and bobs). We took this trip upon the recommendation of a friend who had been before. The trip itself was a steal of a deal, and we enjoyed it a lot, apart from the achey flu we brought home with us.


It was the first time I'd ever been in a mosque, and the first time I'd been in a North African medina. I was so proud of myself for haggling the price down on a purse I liked, except I figured out later on that I probably could have gotten it for way less than what I paid for. It was a place full of the intricate patterns I love, from the carved wood to the tiles on the walls, to the bowl I have here. Finding this bowl again makes me realize how my eyes love detail and texture... the more lines and shapes, the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment