Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Take a Photograph Every Day: Day 1

I decided that my first 30 days of something new ought to be something easy... except it's not that easy.

I had a bunch of ideas of what I should do first, and I think a lot of these things are going to happen early in the morning, the time that I usually get all of my obligations out of the way. When I went to bed last night, however, I realized that I'm going to be spending a lot of my early mornings walking my dog before the heat of the day hits.

"Perfect," I thought. "I could take a photo every day. There will be plenty of things to take photos of."

I basically stole this idea from the video from my first post, but I thought that it would be good to do something that I could do in a short amount of time for the first challenge. That way, I could keep the momentum going a bit more easily.

So, we left the house at 6:30am, doggie all ready to walk, me covered in lots of bug spray. I figured we'd go for a little run, I'd see something interesting, and bim bam boom, photo taken.

The problem is: I wanted something unique. Not the same ol' photos of flowers, artsy-fartsy shots of sun hitting railings and stuff like that.

In the end, as I walked across a bridge, I saw these: the closest I'm going to get to a cluster of grapes in my end of the world:

This challenge is really going to force me to pay attention to what's around me. Maybe it'll force me to stop being such a perfectionist and just appreciate what I have around me. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment